Update: Check out the links for election printables at LaPaz Home Learning
- If possible, take your kids with you to vote. Try to avoid voting between 7-9 AM, noon-2 PM, and 5-7 PM.
- Then head to Krispy Kreme for your free patriotic donut with your "I Voted" sticker - buy one for your kids too. :^)
- Make a Future Voter button from Kaboose's election page.
- Solve election word problems for math or print other election day worksheets from abc teach.
- Need a mind-numbing game? Try the online election word search at the weekly reader election pages. Not really for younger kids - it took me four times to beat the timer!
- There's lots of interesting stuff at Scholastic's election page.
- And, of course - Time for Kids. The page of worksheets is a real gem. My fav on that page is the electoral college map. I alos like this candidate comparison sheet for young kids. Older kids can read this article, then fill out these worksheets.
- Check you local PBS station for some of these new Election day episodes: