Don't you just love the first morning when you walk outside and it feels crisp?! I absolutely adore autumn. Spring used to be my favorite season - I love spring flowers - but autumn has won me over. And Brian has had a good weekend, especially today. I'm so grateful. After lunch on Saturday, we drove into the mountains for our annual pilgrimage to the apple orchard. The big Easter frost killed a good portion of the crop, so there were no apples left to be picked, but we took a wagon ride and pictures in the orchard and bought the already -picked apples. They still had that freshly-picked taste.
Why do I love autumn?
- apple cider
- freshly picked apples
- caramel apples
- apple picking at the orchard - and the pictures (notice a trend yet?)
- getting to dig out my comfy sweaters and jeans
- the beautiful fall colors
- gingersnaps and pumpkin dip
- picking and carving the perfect pumpkin
- pumpkin cake
- pumpkin pie (notice another trend?)
- Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin
- bonfires and hayrides
- autumn leaves falling down during rain showers and sparkling in puddles
- sugar maples - my favorite fall trees
- the smell of burning leaves
- dressing up and getting chocolate (that is what it's all about!)
- our church's anniversary service in November
- my favorite holiday -- THANKSGIVING!
What do you love about autumn?