Hearty Vegetable Soup
- 2 cans or 4 cups chicken broth
- 1-2 can(s) Hunts organic diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano
- 1 can corn,drained
- 1 can green beans,drained
- 2 carrots peeled and coarsely grated
- 1 cup cooked pinto beans
- 1 cup bionaturae gluten-free fusilli
- Blend broth and tomatoes in blender, if your kids won't eat chunky tomatoes or you like smoother soup.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer until noodles are cooked.
- Serve with gluten-free cornbread.
This is very easy to improvise. You can eliminate the beans or trade them for a different kind. I keep cooked frozen beans in the freezer and just dumped some in, but you could use canned. If you don't have gluten-free noodles (or need them), you can substitiute regular noodles, rice, or just skip it. I used 1 can of tomatoes, but two would have made a "soupier" soup - ours was more like stew. I also used buillion cubes for the broth, because I was out of canned and frozen.