1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? I love both, but I drink hot chocolate nearly every night.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? He usually wraps them, but due to the size of the bike and the dollhouse, he may not this year.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White, but I really have a soft spot for those old-fashioned large colored bulbs like my Pappy used to decorate with. And while I'm not fond of multicolored strings, I do like intelligent usage of solid red, green, or blue strands.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? We did until our artificial sprig went to pieces, and the only one I saw in a store this year had a purple ribbon!
5. When do you put your decorations up? The weekend after Thanksgiving.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? My Grandma's baked ham.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Too many to choose just one - Christmas carolling and stopping in at Nanny's for cocoa and cookies,watching the Nutcracker, my Pap's elaborate electric train set that only came out the month of December, a candlelight Christmas Eve service, Candylane at Hersheypark,the heady anticipation riding in the car to my Nanny's on Christmas Eve....
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't remember ever believing in him as a child (but I do now!)
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Sometimes. We don't have a hard and fast rule.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? We've done several different themes/color schemes, but I got stuck on the natural look. White lights, pinecones, plastic icicles, chrocheted snowflakes, homemade cinnamon cut-out ornaments, and raffia tucked in randomly. Topped with a straw angel or stick star.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Adore it!
12. Can you ice skate? Yes.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? The teddy bear and perfume my future husband gave me a couple of weeks after I first met him. We were just recently "espoused"(and that is one story I shall have to tell sometime!)
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Focusing my heart and the hearts that have been entrusted to me on the unspeakable love of the Father who gave us his only Son.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Christmas cookies- and anything chocolate.
16. What tops your tree? A star or an angel, depends.
17. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving. Kids change everything.
18. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Just one??? Handel's Messiah
19. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?? Yum when used as stirrers in the hot chocolate
20. Favorite holiday movie? White Christmas